Saturday 10 March 2007

New Sketches

I am soo liking these new sketches.... I did them last night before the CC.. for the Sketch Challenge 1. I am enjoying doing the sketches at the moment, and will make some more during the week.

Layout:



Card:

I have noticed a lot lately there are people around the place that have decided to copy my style, and I have to say that it really annoys me. I know sketches have been around for a long time, and that they are nothing new.. but I have always tried to do something a little different with LSBS, and come up with something that is our own.. like creating our own sketches for our comps and cybercrops, adding a bot fo colour here and there.. doing more with the sketch... and well it appears that others are following ... I just wish people would come up with their own ideas... I mean I do it, so how hard can it be!!

NB: All sketches that you find on LSBS either through this blog or through our Sketches Gallery are © Little Scrapbook Shop. I dont have a problem if you want to borrow any of my sketches to use as challenges.. BUT please give us the credit for the sketch, and do no alter the sketch in any way..

I am sorry if I sound angry.. but I am really sick of people that copy, and sick of people that cant come up with their own style.. :) enough is enough as they say...

(P.S: I am not directing this at ANYONE.. BUT if you are reading this and are getting angry.. or have to justify what you have done.. then maybe it is you I am talking to!!)

10 comments:

@lilibollero said...

i like the sketches... good work to you! congrats! when i learn how to do something in photoshop, i will inspire me in your models...and off course let you know! hugs

Creative Wishes said...

I agree with you Cath, I have seen sketches at other sites that look very similar to how you do yours. It is annoying when you come up with a new cocept and others take the easy way in copying that.

Anonymous said...

Your sketches are cutting edge, Cath... Like you said, the first one that looks more like a simple layout than just a handdrawn sketch. They are fantastic & be proud of that.. You are great & LSBS is a great site.

Anonymous said...

Vent away Cath, it must be so annoying seeing people copying your work.
Your sketches are awesome! I am totally loving the LO Sketch which I did for Challenge 1 :) Loved it!

Tracey said...

Loving your sketches Cath - and yep - it can be frustrating when people are copying your hard work.... but maybe you could be flattered too that they think so much of your style that they try to emulate it - just a thought anyway babe.... try not to worry too much about it. Big kisses to you!

Anonymous said...

TO copy is to compliment .... however, having said that ..... the copiers can 'bugger' off and go find their own style!! Can I say that?

I am very supportive of you and am so proud of what you have achieved with this website and all of it's originality! I've been there from the start and watched it grow from a concept to where it is now..... the best darned LSBS on the web!

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

What they said . . . :)

Karen Knight said...

your sketches are great, i love how there is a little splash of colour in them and it really draws them out, i hate it when people copy ideas i have come up with and can definetley see where your coming from, one thing that they will have though is a guilty conscience cause they know what they are doing is stealing.
The sketch is fantastic though lets just hope those thieving robbers keep their hands off it though.
:) kayla

Anonymous said...

Cath your sketches ROCK! I go to them all the time and I am still working on your book! You deserve the credit you are due. Keep pumping those things out!

Wirginia said...

Dang, though they say copying is ment to be a compliment, yep it's particularly annoying when no credit is given to where they've lifted it from. You've got every right to be angry and vent. Go for it Cath.

Hugs

Virginia